Redmi Note 4: Helio X20, 4100mAh battery, 13MP camera now
Xiaomi launches Redmi Note 4 with deca-core Helio X20 processor
Redmi Note 4: Helio X20, 4100mAh battery, 13MP camera now available at ￥899 in China
Xiaomi, the Chinese startup, had launched the Redmi Note 3 earlier this year, which is doing very well in the market. On August 25, 2016, the company launched the Redmi Note 4 in China. The Redmi Note 4 is in fact successor to the Redmi Note 3, China specific variant that came with a MediaTek Helio X10 processor.
Not deviating too much from its predecessor, the smartphone preserves the metal design, the rear fingerprint sensor, the curved front glass and most of the hardware specifications as well. However, the smartphone now features a MediaTek deca-core chipset.
Let’s have a look at the complete hardware specifications of the Redmi Note 4 at a glance:
– 5.5-inch Full HD IPS display with a 1080×1920 pixels resolution, 2.5D curved glass and CNC chamfered edges
– MediaTek MT6797 Helio X20 deca-core chipset clocked at 2.1 GHz
– Expandable storage of up to 128GB via microSD card
– 2GB of RAM for 16GB variant and 3GB of RAM for 64GB variant
– DualSIM phone runs Android 6.0 Marshmallow-based MIUI 8 out-of-the-box
– 4100 mAh battery
– 13-megapixel rear camera with f/2.0 lens, phase-detection autofocus and dualLED flash
– 5-megapixel front camera with f/2.0 lens
– Supports 4G LTE (and VoLTE-ready), second sim can be swapped for microSD cards up to 256 GB
– Available in Silver, Grey and Gold color options
The 16GB version of Redmi Note 4 will be available for ￥899 ($135) and the 64GB version will be sold for ￥1199 ($180). While the smartphone is currently on sale in China only, the company hasn’t revealed any rollout plans for other countries yet. However, one can expect the smartphone to launch in other markets soon, particularly India, where Xiaomi hopes the Redmi Note 4 will do as well as its predecessor.
Did you find this article helpful? Don’t forget to drop your feedback in the comments section below.
Suggest for you: